Mandeville Products & Services
icon_Mandevilel-Regional-Hospital-Logo
, Jamaica
876-962-3370
View Details

In 1877, the hospital first opened its doors to offer health care to the people of this town and its environs with a compliment of 206 beds. This was a legacy of the British, who once occupied the original structure as an army. The old barracks along with the adjoining lands were donated by the British government to the Government of Jamaica with specific instructions that the buildings should be used to house public health care services for the people of the town of Mandeville and its environs. In 1938, 61 years later, the small hospital was expanded with the addition of tuberculosis wards.